Welcome to my blog, a place to share, inspire and creatively think.
Feel free to visit my website http://cargocollective.com/gemmaluker
or email me g.luker@hotmail.com.
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

My New Years Resolution!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a great festive time, and plenty of food and rest (I know I certainly did!). 
But now the celebrations are over I'm so happy to be back to doing some work! And what better way to start a new year with a new project!


I was so happy to have this under my tree (thanks mum!). 

So my new years resolution is to get back into screenprinting, I did quite a bit while at uni, but soon tired of it as their screens are massive and such a drag to clean, expose, print on etc! Thats what turned me to stenciling, much more manageable! However, they will never look as flawless as a screenprint . . . 
Also from a business prospective, I plan to launch my own ranch of prints for sale! I love hand done art work for my wall, gives a more unique look to a room. So it would be great to offer my card designs, prints, canvas bags (hopefully!) etc and printing them myself would be better, both for the work and business side!

Ive been influenced by one illustrator also, Alanna Cavanagh (who also happens to work on Uppercase Magazine, which Ive worked with). She does the most beautiful prints, which are very simple, yet striking (a point my uni teacher tried to drum into me for a very long time but Im not sure it always worked - "things dont always have to be complicated to work Gemma!).






If your interested in screenprinting, you should go check out her blog as she often shows her work in process, which has been invaluable as I try to remember the way to print!

So while I wait for some current projects to drag themselves into the new year, this is what I will be experimenting with for the next few days! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. hey gemma, let me know how well this kit works as am interested in printing at home too! good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do emma! at the moment its trial and error, trying to work out if its me or the kit he he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I love the scissors. Good luck with the screen printing.

    ReplyDelete