Welcome to my blog, a place to share, inspire and creatively think.
Feel free to visit my website http://cargocollective.com/gemmaluker
or email me g.luker@hotmail.com.
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 1 October 2010

V&A Visit Part 1 - Hidden Gems

Yesterday I took some time out of my busy schedule to do something I haven't done in a while - visit a gallery. There were a few shows I wanted to see at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Kensington, so as it looked to be the only beautiful day before winter took hold, off I went.
I just love what you can find wandering around a place as big as the V&A. Not only did I see the work I wanted to, but I also found some kooky odds and ends, and inspiring places.


I stumbled upon this design display hidden in a region on the 3rd floor. What I loved about it was the contrast of the modern pieces on display against the old antique book shelves which lined the room.



There was all kinds of topics, and the books were huge and cobweb-y! Spooky!


I loved the look of this bookcase, I could so do with this in my room!


I also came across some vintage posters and loved this one for Colman's Mustard, the poor guy looks so ill bless him!

The main reason I visited was to see the Illustration Awards, and Peter Rabbit, however I will have to blog about them in separate posts as I seem to be having abit of trouble with uploading pictures at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment