Welcome to my blog, a place to share, inspire and creatively think.
Feel free to visit my website http://cargocollective.com/gemmaluker
or email me g.luker@hotmail.com.
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 8 August 2010

Children's Book Pitch

I was lucky enough to be asked to pitch for a childrens story being put into production at the moment, and although I was pipped to it by another illustrator (which is a shame as its a lovely story i would have loved to work on!), i thought i would share with you some of the work i produced for it.

The basic idea of the story was about an elephant living in the jungle, so first up i created a little elephant character:




Once i had my main character sorted, i had to come up with some full page spread ideas for some of the text given to me:







I also had to produce a colour spread, and chose this spread to re-produce:



It was a great little story to work on and such a shame i didnt get it, as childrens illustration is something i would love to be able to work on. After working on this story, hopefully a few more may be thrown my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment